While in Phoenix, the Murphy side of the family was able to get together again for family pictures. This is a tradition that I really love. If it weren't for my parents planning this for the whole family, I don't know that we would have any professional pictures of our family (other than our engagement and wedding pictures!). I am so grateful to them for doing this every time our family gets together!
On our way to meet the rest of the family:
Too darn precious and sweet to not document! I sure love these girls!
Here is the whole Murphy family. Now that my sister, Gina, and her husband have (just last month!) had the amazing opportunity to adopt two sweet {at least I think they are sweet- I am sure they are- but I only got to meet them this once! I am so excited for them to be a part of our family!} boys, the family that falls under the Murphy Umbrella is currently 21 members strong. Add that Gina and I are both expecting, given 6 months, there will be 23 members in our extended family!
A very happy Grandma and Grandpa with their (currently) 13 grandchildren. Two more will be added soon! Why is there always someone crying in these pictures? Poor Waits :(
As opposed to last year (or a year and a half ago), our girls were much more emotionally prepared, and much better rested, and much less cold... which means that pictures were a much more pleasant experience for all of us. And we were able to see quite a few super cute smiles from them:
Now, this is a pretty accurate representation of how Waits was feeling during our entire 10 day trip in Phoenix and Flagstaff this year:
In case you missed it in our last post, Waits came down with croup, which for him involved a barking cough, a very high fever, a super runny nose and absolutely zero appetite for the duration of our vacation. This is exactly how he looked basically every hour of the day. So sad, but also kinda funny, right? (Not that he was sick... just initially looking at these pictures.) That poor, sweet little boy of ours!
Our little (though, not really so little anymore!) family. I think its funny that I was pregnant and almost due with Waits last time we had family pictures taken, and this time around I am pregnant again and almost due with the next member of our family. The difference 18 months can make!
The Willman family founders. Going on over 6 1/2 years!
The original Murphy family:
Sisters!!! I seriously love this picture!
Love these sisters of mine!
This was the same location where Kyle and I had our engagement pictures taken (with the same photographer, too!) almost 7 years ago. We thought it would be neat to reenact one of our pictures to show the difference {almost} seven years can make!
September 2007 (just over two months before getting married):
Almost seven years later, plus a few:
Makes for a slightly different picture, doesn't it? We sure do love- and are so grateful for- each new member of this growing family of ours, and we absolutely wouldn't have it any other way!
Thanks so much, Mom and Dad, for providing this opportunity for our family to be documented. I sure do love how all of the pictures turned out!

1 comment:
Really surprised that you haven't updated your pic at the top of the blog.
Post a Comment