Monday, November 11, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I love Mother's Day. It is one of my favorite days of the whole year. Mainly because I absolutely love being a mother. It is such a privilege, and by far my favorite thing to do, ever. But getting spoiled with presents, hand-made and crayon-colored cards and a gourmet breakfast made by the hubs most definitely doesn't hurt either. :) More than the day itself, though, I love my reasons for being a mother... these four awesome little people:


At our home we celebrate not only Mother's Day, but also future Mother's Day. Minnette, Aurelle and Jovi are going to grow up to become wonderful mothers themselves someday, and we want them to know and understand that their role now as daughters, sisters and friends, as well as their roles in the future as wives and mothers are special, wonderful and appreciated roles that no one else can do. Daddy was so sweet and went out Saturday night and came home with corsages for all of the special girls in his life. I thought it would be cute for all of us to match, but since I was coordinating everyone with my favorite black dress, it ended up looking an awful lot like we were attending a funeral! At least it helps that Mormons don't wear black to funerals, right? :)

Our beautiful girls modeling their corsages. They were a little worried (aka- totally freaked out... more than a little crying was involved) about the pins that were used to hold them on, but in the end they got over it (no one got poked even once!) and were so proud and excited about their corsages at church.



 It was such a wonderful special day, and I am so honored and grateful to be a mother! It is literally the most important thing I do, and I am eternally grateful for the children that God has blessed and entrusted me with! I love you Minnette, Aurelle, Jovi and Waits! You (and your Daddy) are my world!

No comments: