After about the first month of falling asleep while nursing, or falling asleep on my or Kyle's chest, or wanting to be rocked/bounced to sleep, Waits decided he was too grown up for that, and that he wanted to fall asleep after being swaddled-up into a little tiny burrito. Which was great because anywhere we were, if he was swaddled, he would fall asleep. And I mean an.y.where... in the middle of sacrament meeting, outside while the girls are playing on the playground, you name it! After a while we could swaddle him and lay him in his boppy pillow wide awake and he would put himself to sleep. Sometimes without being swaddled at all (more on that at the end of the post!). Seriously,this kid- I tell ya- has just made life piece of cake for Mommy and Daddy! He must have known the home he was coming into, what with three very active, and very young older sisters, Mom and Dad sure needed a good sleeper!
All ready for bed:
Giving Mama a small smile and getting settled-in for a solid 3:
Our little pig in a blanket- love those tiny tootsies hanging out!
See what I mean about falling asleep anywhere?
And one night, Minnette and Aurelle (who share a room and a bunk-bed) decided to have a late night party up on the top bunk, so I decided to separate them by putting Aurelle on my bed until they went to sleep, which meant that Waits (who was still in a bassinet attached to my bed) was kicked out to the living room for his late-night nap time. I was working on the computer, and he seemed content to just hangout, so I set him up on his Boppy right on the floor next to me at the computer. Well, I really shouldn't have been too surprised about this considering this is WAITS we're talking about, but within a few minutes... well, just watch:
And just like that, he's out! What a cute and sweet, chubby little boy. I seriously can't get enough of him, I pretty much just want to eat him every second of every day. Is that weird?
Trust me, this being our fourth baby, we are well aware of just how lucky we are to have such good sleeper. And we are so grateful for our sweet baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment