Saturday, November 22, 2008

our daily baby torture

OK. So, for being three months old, I'm not going to lie, Minnette is not such a good sport about the whole tummy-time thing. We try to get her to lay on her tummy for at least a few minutes everyday so that she can learn how to hold her head up... but I don't think she gets it! She lasts about 30 seconds of attempting to hold her head up (pictured above -sometimes she actually gets a couple centimeters of air), before she completely gives up and starts crying (pictured below). It is the saddest thing! I try everything from laying on the floor in front of her and talking to her, propping her up on a boppy pillow and putting toys down for her to play with- all with the same result=
It always takes her a few minutes to forgive me even after I pick her up! If I even TRY laying her down in ANY WAY while I am holding her, the crying begins again. It's so funny to me, but when I think about it, I guess I would have a hard time holding my head up too if my cheeks were that chubby!

1 comment:

Gina said...

That is so sad looking! I just want to pick her up and help her!