Today is our one year annivesary! I can not believe that it has been a whole year already. It has been such a crazy year! Kyle and I were sealed together in the Mesa temple November 17, 2007 and moved into our apartment in Chandler. Less than month and a half later we found out we were pregnant (which was the best surprise we've ever had!). About 3 months later, we had the opportunity to save some money by moving into my parents house while my dad's job relocated them to Europe for a couple years. I recieved a new job as a fraud specialist in April and gave birth to Minnette in August. I was on maternity leave for 6 weeks and went back to work in October. Kyle started his first semester of school in September, got two new jobs in October as well as started taking care of Minnette part-time while I have been working. It has definitely been a huge growing experience for each of us as we have learned to love each other in new ways and learn how to be parents at the same time!
On our honeymoon last December at DisneylandHow did we meet?
This answer depends on which one of us you are asking. Kyle swears that he first met me at a stake dance when he was 15 and I was 14. He says that he walked up to me and asked me dance, and while we were dancing I completely ignored him. I definitely don't remember that and I choose not to believe him since I was never rude to anyone I danced with. But besides that, this story could have some partial truth to it since we were in the same stake as teenagers and even went to the same middle school and never knew each other.
Where we really met the first time was my first Sunday at church in the Granite Reef ward after our stake was reorganized and my old ward was split up. I was standing in the hallway waiting for Sunday School to start, and up walks Kyle with several of his friends behind him. Our very frist conversation:
Kyle: "Hey, are you new in the ward?"
Katie: "Yeah."
Kyle: "I'm Kyle, what's your name?"
Katie: "Katie."
Kyle: "Are you sixteen?"
Katie: "No."
Kyle: (turning around and walking away to his friends) "Dangit!!"
He must have been practicing that pick-up line for weeks! Needless to say (since I really wasn't sixteen yet) that we didn't start dating that second. We actually didn't start dating for over a year despite seeing eachother multiple times a week, being swing dancing partners and a couple of over-the-top flirtatious yearbook signings.
Kyle asked me to his senior homecoming dance. He doorbell ditched a giant ice heart with a note attached that said "It would melt my heart if you would be my date to my homecoming. Melt the heart to find out who." It was five years since our first date on October 25th!
Homecoming 2003How long have we been together?
It has been just over five years since our first date (we dated exclusively immediately after that). But how long we've been "together" is hard to define for us. We started dating in October 2003. Kyle offically asked me to be his girlfriend in January 2006, and we dated until November 2004 when I broke up with him because he was going on his mission. We started dating again in May of 2007, engaged July and married November. So officially together 2 years and seven months!!
In highschool, definately me. (gosh, i miss those days) But since getting married, having a baby, and my metabolism slowing down about 500 calories a day, I would have to say Kyle eats waaaay more (and gets away with it).
It was my idea to have Kyle kiss me on the cheek for our homecoming pictures on our first date. (that doesn't count? oh, well.) Besides our pictures, Kyle went for the kiss on the cheek for the first 2 dates (he is quite the gentleman) and went in for the big whopper on our third date. It was a little awkward because I didn't even see it comin'!
It was kind of both of us. We were only dating for a few months when Kyle said in an off hand remark that he was in love with me. I didn't know if he was even serious so I didn't say anything back. About a month later, I kissed him goodnight and said "Kyle Willman, I love you!" and he said ::sigh:: "I love you, too!" So i guess technically it was ME!
Who is taller?This is kind of funny because while we were dating back in highschool we were the EXACT SAME HEIGHT. Then Kyle comes home from his mission, and all of a sudden he's an entire inch taller than me! It's crazy how boys keep growing, even after highschool! Nowadays, I can be a little taller, but only if my heels are high enough!
Who is smarter?Depends on the subject.
Who does the laundry?
I do almost all of the time. But I hate folding, so I try to guilt him into helping me sometimes.
Who pays the bills?
Haha, that depends! We both work, so in that sense, we both do. But sitting down and actually paying the bills, I do. If you want a good laugh, try asking Kyle how much is in our checking account!
Who mows the lawn?
My parents pay someone else to mow their lawn! But when we have our own place that actually has a lawn, Kyle most definitely will.
Who cooks dinner?
Gina does! haha. But once I'm staying home I will cook half of the time.
Who drives?
It is pretty equal. It usually depends on whose car we are driving. Or if one of us is in a bad mood, then the other has to drive to avoid any accidents due to road rage. Unless it is night time, then I have to drive because Kyle probably doesn't have his glasses!
Who is more stubborn?
This converstaion would go:
Kyle: "I am more stubborn."
Katie: "No, I am WAY more stubborn."
Kyle: "No, I am."
Katie: "No, I am!"
You get the point.
Who proposed?
Kyle did. He suprised me on our way driving out to meet his family for a Disneyland trip by stopping at the San Diego temple and proposing!
Who is more sensitive?
Kyle is. He has to be, because as my sisters would say, I never cry becuase I am heartless. Which isn't ENTIRELY true, because I cry when I am angry and I definitely cried watching P.S. I love you! Oh, and right after you have a baby- you cry A LOT. (You cry for good reasons, though!)
Who has more siblings?
Kyle. He has 4 sisters. I have 2.
Who wears the pants?
Some days we both do!




1 comment:
Katie! Congrats on the big one year!! I cant believe you havnt ran him over with a car yet! haha just joshing! Your little family is so cute!! Cant wait to play with Minnette!!!
Post a Comment