Friday, February 6, 2009

hiking and playgroup

Kyle was off of work on Thursday, and whenever he does not have work, we try to plan something fun to do either as a family with Minnette, or plan a fun date activity. We've been trying to be a lot more active lately, and we've been gatting into walking, running, riding bikes and hiking together. We usually just hike Squaw Peak (or Piestewa peak or whatever it is now... it will always be Squaw Peak to me!), but yesterday Kyle had asked his mom to watch Minnette for a few hours in the morning so we could go hiking, and planned a fun hike by the Verde River. It was SO beautiful! I just wish we had had more time to walk around and have a picnic there! Maybe next time...





I call this picture "Beautiful Mother Nature." I'm pretty sure those weren't organic beer bottles! It was really sad that we saw messes just like this all over the place. Not to mention the million cagarette butts we saw. I think it goes to show just how classy drinking and smoking can be!



Friday is playgroup day for our ward. I don't usually go, because Minnette doesn't get much out of going to the playground. But my sister reminded me that there are baby swings at the park they go to, and that Minnette is probably big enough to sit in them. When I realized that Minnette definitely was big enough, and that she had never been on a swing at the park before I got really excited to go-and packed up the camera to document!
I think that she actually had a lot of fun her first time in a swing! She was definitely happy, and it was sooo cute!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh... wish we could be there. She is so cute.

Love, mom and dad

Gina said...

Yay for fat baby filling up the swing!!!!! She is so cute and happy!