Saturday, February 21, 2009

Elk Hunt! (Kyle's post)


My Dad and I on an Elk hunt up north of Payson. We went at the end of November during the mid-hunt, it was freezing! Our cabin is right down in that valley, about three clicks straight down that hill my Dad is standing on.


It was so beautiful. Too bad we didn't see very many elk.



I got one look at an Elk about 300 yards away walking up the the hill on the other side of the canyon, then it went over the ridge. I should have just shot for the heck of it!





This is the Willman Ranch cabin. My Grandpa, Dad and his brothers built this cabin by hand way back in the day. It is a really nice place. It has so much of my grandfather's character reflected in it, and has been the source of many fond memories.



We stayed here during the hunt.


I was so glad my Dad was able to go , I had an awsome time with him! Next time we talked about going up to Prescott and trying for some Antelope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool that you had such a great time with your dad. The cabin is awesome, they did a great job. Love to you all, Mom and Dad

Dallin and Ashley said...

How far is a click?