Monday, December 22, 2008

a million pictures and the longest post in the world

So, I guess I should apologize to my parents for not updating my blog more reguarly since I've been staying at home! Life minus the 40 hours I used to spend working somehow seems even busier... and I'm not even sure how that is possible! I have been taking pictures like crazy over the last few weeks in hopes of some sweet blog-posting action, but since I have been neglecting my blogging duties, I have decided to save some time and post them all at once. So there are more than 30 pictures in this post, and I am not going to lie, they are very random! Hah, enjoy!
The first pictures are of some of our Christmas excursions! One of my favorite things to do during Christmas time is to see the temple lights, so we have been twice already!
This is one of my favorite views of the temple lights... so pretty!
Our little family
Minnette loved the temple lights! Here she is all bundled up!
Here's the little bug again... She makes the funniest faces!
This is a picture if the nativity featured from the country where my parents are living!

A COUPLE OF HILARIOUS PICTURES TAKEN AFTER WE GOT HOME WHILE MINNETTE WAS STILL IN HER COLD GEAR.




We built gingerbread houses with Kyle's family, while some of the family was in town from Rexberg. They all turned out so good! This was our "igloo". There was also a castle, a cottage, a temple and a beached whale!


Since this is Minnette's first Christmas, we wanted to get a picture of her with Santa. The lines at the mall are so long and it costs like $20.00 to get any pictures, which is crazy! Kyle found out that there was going to be a Santa at Cabela's, and you could take pictures with him for free. You can't tell, but we're sitting on a quad! And yes, that is a stuffed deer in the backround! Thanks for taking the picture Ashley!


Minnette turned 4 months on 16th! I can not believe how fast the time is going, and how fast she is growing! She went to the doctor for her 4 month well-check where she weighed in at 16 lbs. 15.5 oz! She is in the 97th percentile for her weight! She is 24.5 in. long and is in the 60th percentile for her height. Every time we have gone in to see her pediatrician, he has been so impressed with how easy going she is. This last time, he actually picked her up and was snuggling with her and saying what a sweet baby she was! She is so sweet, and I don't think that we could have asked for a better baby! She almost never cries, and at 4 months, she already sleeps 12 hours through the night! We are very lucky, and trust me, we know it! Oh, and we are also very aware (from what everyone keeps telling us) that our next baby will indeed, be a complete MONSTER!
Since she has turned 4 months and doubled her birth weight, we have started feeding her solids twice a day. And I must say, that she is doing so well with it! We are so proud of her... she is so good at being a baby! Here is the "before" shot:
Here she is making quite the mess while spitting out basically everything we feed her... which is pretty much expected! We love messy babies!

We were babysitting Parker at the time, and here he is quietly observing from the sidelines(with only one sock!). About 5 seconds later, though, he started crying because he wanted some!
This is the "after" shot #1
"After" shot #2. Slightly more upset that shot #1.


Since we started feeding her solids, and she's been sitting up so well, we decided to bust out her high chair (to help make feeding times a little bit easier )which matches the rest of her baby stuff and I love it... it is so cute!
And with two families, both with infants, in the same house, finally completes our baby furniture collection!
This picture is for Dallin and Ashley since these are the very, very cute shoes they bought for Minnette... and she finally fits them! (kind of) These are size 1 shoes (0-3 mos), and as you can see, Minnette's feet are still much too short for them. Fortunately, her feet are so chubby that the shoes will actually stay on her feet!
The Minnette burrito

About two minutes later, after she has made her escape!



Minnette enjoying our day at the zoo with Gina, Donovan, and Hunter. She got so much out of it! (obviously :) )
Minnette at Halloween! (a little late- but whatev!)






Holding her own bottle!

Holding a flower for Daddy!

She loves these rings we hook up to her bouncer seat and her car seat, and falls asleep holding them all the time!
December 6th was Kyle's birthday! He's the big 23! We had a get together with his family, and he got money for his birthday that he can put towards buying a gun safe! His sister babysat Minnette for a night so that we could have a date night for his birthday. We went out to dinner to celebrate with a girt card my parents gave him, and then we went and walked around the gun/hunting department of Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods (Kyle's choice). It was nice to have a night just the two of us (even though I had stare at gun accessories for a couple hours!) Thankyou everyone for the great presents, and Happy Birthday Kyle! The birthday boy:
Some random pictures of a van we saw parked at PVCC and I thought was funny

As my sister Jennifer said, this van has "search me for pot" written all over it. Can you see it?

Kyle finished his first semester at PVCC (with all A's I might add!) But while he was studying for his finals I walked in our room and found him like this... studying on the floor of our closet! Silly Kyle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love all the pics. Minnette is so cute. She's growing so fast, we really miss watching her grow day to day. Love you all and miss you all, kiss Minnette for us. Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Love the pics, but you really need to work on updating them more often. We check daily and always look forward to seeing new pics. Thank you for posting though we really love it. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. Love Mom and Dad

Dallin and Ashley said...

Hey! Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day! I can't wait to see you guys in April time!!!