Our sweet little man celebrated one whole year of life outside the womb early in February. And, boy, has it been a great one! This is an absolute first for me, but since my mom was in town for his actual birthday, which included lots of plans to get out and have fun while Kyle was plugging through a very challenging semester, we never got around to having his birthday breakfast OR birthday party! I. KNOW! No breakfast or cake to even speak of. So sad. At least he is young enough that other than the lack of pictures, he will have no memory of this Mama's major fail.
We did, however, sneak out for a mom-and-son date to get some birthday pictures taken. So there's that. One check in the win column! Feel free to check out our handsome little guy:
The baseball was used to try and get him to smile... it sooooort of worked, but ended up looking like a super random prop in these pictures, I think.
His shoes are little raccoons. I seriously love baby clothes!
Such a lady killer...
And that tongue!
And it was out to stay...
Cutest little boy ever.
Waits' one year stats:
Height: 29.2 in (24th %)
Weight: 20.68 lbs (39th %)
Head: 18 in. (39th %)
Waits at one year old:
•Waits is our very first thumb-sucker. Anytime he is tired, that thumb is in his mouth. I remember being super anti-thumb sucking with Minnette and Aurelle, and now I'm sort of wondering why... though, I do know that it can cause dental problems (like overbite) down the road, it is still pretty much the cutest thing ever. Right thumb goes in his mouth and left hand goes in his (or MY) hair. Which is pretty funny when he's eating and his hands are all messy because he puts that left hand right in his hair no matter what is all over it!
•He is super ticklish on his neck. He laughs and curls up like a potato bug every time you tickle him there.
•His favorite game of all time: peek-a-boo. It could be across the room, or while you are changing his diaper. If you can find a way to play any form of peek-a-boo, he cracks up every time.
•His favorite thing to eat: a bowl of oatmeal with Mommy. He will seriously eat more oatmeal than I do!
• Waits is in the cruising stage. He will walk along furniture and even stand up in the middle of the room, but hasn't really taken any steps (and as of 15 months, he takes steps, but still isn't walking. All of our other babies walked right at 12 months, so this is a change for us!)
• Doesn't say any words yet. No doubt he prefers not to add the the joyful (and sometimes tragic and chaotic) noise around him just yet.
•Is still the sweetest, calmest, most chill and relaxed baby you've ever known! He is so content all the time. He pretty much only cries when he gets hurt or is suuuuuuper tired.
•Is a great sleeper. Sleeps through the night and takes 2-3 naps a day, though being the fourth means we don't always get to stay at home for 2-3 naps a day, and Waits takes it right in stride and is still a pretty happy camper while we're out and about and he's missing a much needed nap.
•I almost forget about his sweet chubby cheeks, but I am reminded almost every time we go out, because someone will comment on how cute his sweet little cheeks are. Love those chubby cheeks- so kissable!
Waitsey- boy! We love you so much! I love seeing you grow, and can't wait to see you become a big brother, you are going to be such a sweet older brother! We are so grateful for this year we've had with you in our family! Happy Birthday and I promise never to miss your birthday breakfast again!! :)
•Is still the sweetest, calmest, most chill and relaxed baby you've ever known! He is so content all the time. He pretty much only cries when he gets hurt or is suuuuuuper tired.
•Is a great sleeper. Sleeps through the night and takes 2-3 naps a day, though being the fourth means we don't always get to stay at home for 2-3 naps a day, and Waits takes it right in stride and is still a pretty happy camper while we're out and about and he's missing a much needed nap.
•I almost forget about his sweet chubby cheeks, but I am reminded almost every time we go out, because someone will comment on how cute his sweet little cheeks are. Love those chubby cheeks- so kissable!
Waitsey- boy! We love you so much! I love seeing you grow, and can't wait to see you become a big brother, you are going to be such a sweet older brother! We are so grateful for this year we've had with you in our family! Happy Birthday and I promise never to miss your birthday breakfast again!! :)














No comments:
Post a Comment