Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Deer farm- Flagstaff, July 2012

While my pictures of our ENTIRE trip to Phoenix last summer are extremely limited, I did manage to get a memory cards' worth of pictures and videos of this little excursion!
 
We are very fortunate to be able to attend a family reunion of Kyle's grandma and all of her descendents every summer, and this year the reunion was hosted in Flagstaff (just a couple weeks after we headed down to Phoenix- which was super convenient)! One of the fun excursions we were able to have with most of the Willman cousins (Minnette went with Kyle and a group of other cousins and aunts/uncles to Slide Rock- she had a blast!) was a cute little deer petting zoo in town. All of the kids (mostly) loved it... Aurelle may have been the one and only exception to that. :)
 
The Willman cousins in attendance at the deer farm (Jovi and Bridger are in a baby carrier/stroller):
 

This may literally be the closest Aurelle got to any deer the entire time we were there:

After paying to get in, the workers hand everyone a cup full of deer food and send you through a gate into a big park area. You get to walk right up to, pet and feed dozens of deer right out of your hand!

Some pictures of our little group being swarmed:
 


 
Mommy and the two girls:

Aurelle would not  let me put her down... I think the deer made her a little nervous (read: hysterical)- oh, poor Aurelle!:
 
I think deer might have been getting a little too close for Aurelle's comfort:


Aaahhh, that's better...
 
Grandmas make everything better, don't they? At least they seem to have that affect on my children... Grandmas are magic!

Deer:


 
Being attacked by a hungry deer (even though I call it a goat in the video... oops!)  



How Aurelle preferred to spend most of the time at the deer farm:


The farm (or zoo?) had other animals you could walk around and see, including this miniature elk with ginormous antlers! Seriuosly, I felt bad for the poor thing having to carry al that weight around all the time! I took a picture mostly so I could show Kyle:

Llamas:

Miniature horses:
 
Wallabes:

Aurelle and Aliyah resting and posing in front of the pigeons

And here's Jovi... hanging out... having a blast:



After walking around and looking at all the different animals, you walk out of the deer enclosure (much to Aurelle's immediate relief) only to walk straight into a goat pen, (Aurelle quickly jumped back up into my arms when she realized she was still surrounded by furry animals!) where you can feed and pet a bunch of goats

Canon and Aurelle with the goats. I think Aurelle has to go potty?

From within the goat enclosure, there were several other animals you could see- including this beast: This pig was so HUGE. Seriously, the perspective in this picture does it complete injustice!

Here's a slightly better shot of the gigantic pig (again, I took this picture mostly just so I could show Kyle- I knew he would think it was funny!)

Observing cautiously from a distance...

Getting warmer... (I think she was actually just throwing grass at the goat's face, at first, in order to avoid getting too close, but still wanting to be able to help feed it!)

Aurelle (finally) feeding a goat!
 
And drumroll please... Aurelle actually petting a goat!! See Janan behind her? Must be that Grandma magic at work again!

No comments: