Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grandma Murphy is here!

I think this may be one of the only pictures I have to prove that my Mom was actually here, which makes me sad in so many ways. She flew in on Monday, May 16th- exactly 2 weeks before my due date. I have a history of going early and she wanted to be here when the baby came so that she could watch the girls for us when we went into the hospital and be able to help out with the baby as soon as we got home. The girls were so ecstatic to have Grandma Murphy here (in case you can't tell from the picture!) to visit, and it was such a blessing to me to finally have the peace of mind that any minute Jovi decided to make her appearance now, even if it was 1 in the morning, we had someone to be with the girls, and the girls would love being able to spend the time with Grandma so much that they probably wouldn't even realize that Kyle and I were gone! Which was pretty much the case! ;)

Mom, I don't think I could ever thank you enough for all the help you have provided for our family! You are an amazing example of service and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, loving mother and that our girls have such an amazing Grandma! I know you missed Dad while you were here, but trust me... I think I needed you more than he did! ;) I love you, Mom!!

1 comment:

gerielou said...

OMGoodness Katie . . . I am crying tears of joy. I am so greatful to have been able to be there with you and your sweet family, knowing that it was so appreciated just makes the icing on the cake.
P.S. there are other pics of me . . . but I agree, that is the sweetest.
Hugs and kisses to you all