Tuesday, July 30, 2013

FINALLY! Waits: Part the Third

Okay, so I was totally and completely kidding about it being another month before I finally posted this... but alas, here we are- MORE than a month later. If you still read my blog; bravo! and you are a better friend than I deserve and I love you for it!

(*Note: there has been some questions as to how to pronounce Waits' middle name, Avin. It is pronounced like the name Gavin, but minus the G. Or as my mom prefers to think, like the name Alvin minus the l. Or like the word avenue, minus the 'ue'... So, whichever way works best for you... hope that makes sense!)

Continued from part 2

The next 24 hours went by as smoothly as could ever be imagined. I have always been blessed with quick and {mostly} pleasant recoveries, and after less than one push for my fourth and smallest baby so far, I could have walked out of that hospital and been back to life an hour later (or at least, as soon as my epidural wore off -which was actually hours later this round as a result of being topped off twice!). Since Baby Waits and I were both doing so great we were able to plan our check out for the next day.This was my first time being released so soon, and I loved it. I do not particularly enjoy spending multiple days or any nights in the hospital, possibly because my babies never sleep well at night in the hospital, and by 3 am I am pretty out of my mind and ready for a real bed!

My first post-delivery picture. This, my friend, is what it looks like to officially be a mom of four: 
The only reason I am not holding our brand new baby in this picture is because at the hospital I delivered at, they take the baby to the nursery for all of their newborn screenings and check-ups, and at this point, my epidural was still in full swing, and I was not to be getting out of that bed for many-a-hour, so unfortunately, I could not accompany him... super sad :(

Daddy holding his first little man. (As Kyle usually says while holding Waits, they are "dude-ing")

Basking in all the wide-open, luxurious space the world has to offer

Here's the proof that he's ours:

Sweet sleepy boy with his bear hat which was way too big for his tiny little head:

Those nice people who come around taking pictures of your baby for free and then try and get you to pay a gazillion dollars for copies of them. Well we let her take the pictures- but we only have half a gazillion dollars, so we admired the online proofs and left it at that 

Besides, my pictures are waaaay more professional anyway. Nailed it. haha ;)

Sweet little baby boy sleeping away... with a nice self-inflicted scratch on his cheek. This boy was born with a pretty intense set of claws on him, and I didn't get around to trimming them until we got home... poor guy!

It's a boy!

Tiny feet crossed at the ankles... one of my favorite baby-things!

And a sweet newborn baby yawn.... ugh I just love that squishy little face of his!!

Here you can see how puffy his eyes still are from delivery

Kyle and I were able to accompany him to the nursery the next morning while he received his first bath. After I had recorded the entire thing (like, 8 minutes), I decided to delete some other old pictures off of the camera's memory card in order to make room for more hospital pictures and videos and... this is terrible: I accidentally deleted it! I know. It was so sad. But guess what? I now had tons of extra memory to be able to record this after-bath experience, which is still super cute. So ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE in mind and all that, I guess we'll survive :)

Waits broke our Willman-babies-crying-as-they-are-strapped-into-the-carseat-for-the-first-time tradition (See here and here). I guess I'm okay with that.

All binkied and ready to go home!

For any of you who have children, you know how you can get little feelings and impressions about your baby and their personality, even right from the beginning? Well, from the very first day, Kyle and I have been completely overwhelmed with feelings that Waits is such a sweet spirit. And I don't mean that in the sarcastic use of the phrase... psh, seriously, just look at how handsome that little man is! I mean that he is going to grow up to be such a sweet boy. I don't know how else to explain it, but that I know that he is and is going to be such a sweetheart of a baby, boy and someday man... I just know it.

Waits, we love you so very, very much! Your big sisters are so excited to finally meet you!

No comments: