Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grandma Murphy is here! Jan 2013

At around 3 weeks before Baby Waits was due to come, my mom made a trip up to stay with us for a few weeks to be able to help out when it came time to go to the hospital and then to help out generally after we brought the baby home. Boy, do I look forward to having her here! We have very little family in the area (one sister who also happens to be a full-time college student athlete in the middle of her competition season), so when it comes time to leave for the hospital at possibly 2 am- I get a little nervous that we won't have anyone to watch our girls. Seriously, I had several bad dreams of having to bring them to the hospital with us- that sure would make for an interesting delivery experience!

Finally the day came for my mom to arrive, we would be picking her up from the airport that afternoon, and I wake up around 4 am after having not slept well due to experiencing super strong contractions all night, and when I decide to finally get up and start timing them, I realize that I am having contractions every 3-5 minutes. Having experienced false labor at the end of my pregnancy with Jovi, I was pretty sure that this was the case this time around, as well (which it was), but I just couldn't believe that I was having a false alarm the morning before my mom was getting here and- if my contractions started getting stronger and I really was in labor- that she would  have missed it!

Grandma got in town on a Saturday, and Saturday night is our family movie night (most weeks), and the girls were so excited to be able to watch a movie with Grandma!
 We pop a HUGE bowl of popcorn and let the girls go to town on it while watching (preferrably) a new movie (Isn't Kyle's facial expression awesome?!)

Haha, and this is on of the main reasons why we choose to do no more than one movie a week with our girls. We like it when they play instead of zone out in front of the TV for hours. Zombie, much?

Jovi decided that Kyle wasn't eating his popcorn fast enough and began hand feeding it to him, and would refill his cup for him when she noticed it was getting a little low. I know I am prompting her in the video- but she really had started to doing this all on her own. Kyle had no option but to be force-fed popcorn for almost the entire duration of the movie!

I think that Gramda was a little tired from traveling (And possibly my 4 am wake-up call panicked about false labor):

Check out our new Grandma loveseat:

And now it was Grandma's turn to be hand-fed popcorn:

The dog references: we were watching Lady and the Tramp for the first time- the girls loved it. The tiaras and wands: a gift from Grandma. The popcorn all over the floor: typical. And Minnette's reaction to the movie being over?? Every single time a movie ends at our house- it always ends in tears!

No comments: