Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

One afternoon, while making dinner, Minnette and Aurelle were enjoying a brief episode of "quiet time" (a common practice around our house. Pick a book, sit on the couch, and read it quietly. It is what has gotten us through many-a-so-called "rough-patch" during the day- especially that time after naps when Mommy is trying to make dinner!) and Minnette had out one of her current favorites: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
 
This particular book, she can just look at the pictures and (for the most part) quote you what it says on that page. Here she is "reading" the story:
 

I was especially glad that I captured her singing the ABC's at the end... mostly because 1) it's cute. and 2) she'll probably soon figure out that it goes "ABCD" not "A-B-D-D" and that she's supoosed to say "LMNOP" not "N-O-N-O-P" and I didn't want to forget the way she currently sings it!

No comments: