Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter 2011

Is it ironic that having gone all out for all of the small holidays this year (Valentine's Day and St. Patricls Day), that I just didn't feel motivated to do much for Easter??

And unfortunately, in addition to not planning much, I only have 4 pictures to show for what we actually did. Oops.


Although not documented, Friday morning I was in charge of our ward's playgroup where we made paper bunny ear headbands and had an Easter egg hunt in our courtyard. Minnette did great at finding eggs with only a little guidance and encouragement from me, and Aurelle actually found 1 or 2 eggs all on her own! And when they realized there was candy hiding inside of each of the eggs- they were hooked!


Saturday morning the girls got their Easter baskets and we decided to dye Easter eggs as a family. The girls got lots of new nailpolish in ther basket for their summer time mani/pedis by Mommy, as well as a bird feeder to hang on our porch so they can watch the birds when they come to eat out of it (which was Kyle's idea, and I think a totally adorable one!).


Here is Minnette getting ready and excitedly waiting to dye Easter eggs:


And here is the finished product. Kyle and I helped Minnette and Aurelle put the eggs in the cups of dye, but they got to choose the colors and also decorated the eggs with stickers all by themselves! I think they did a pretty good job:



Here are Minnette and Aurelle taking a moment on our way to church to model ther Easter dresses from Grandma and Grandpa Murphy. Aren't their dresses adorable??

And giving eachother a hug... How stinking cute are they?!?

We are so grateful for the opportinuty we have this time of year to reflect upon our Savior's life and the priceless gifts of immortality and Eternal Life that He has given us and paid the price for. I know that he loves each and every one of us! We hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter and we love you!

1 comment:

gerielou said...

Oh My Goodness . . . . they really are so darn adorable! Love the huggies they do! Happy Easter!