Thursday, February 24, 2011

Besties

I absolutely love that Minnette and Aurelle are so close in age. Most people are in a state of shock when they find out that they are only 14 months apart, and then look at me like I am a crazy person when they find out that we PLANNED it that way... The most common response I get, being, "But wasn't that hard?!" Well, honestly, no. At least not any harder than it seems to be for anyone else having a second child, no matter the age difference bewteen the two.
One of the things that I love most about Minnette and Aurelle being so close in age is that they are already best friends. They play with the same toys, think the same silly things are absolutely hilarious, and since Minnette can't even remember what it was like not having Aurelle around, we don't face many of the common challenges involving jealousy, posessiveness or aggression with Minnette towards Aurelle. Minnette is always so patient and kind with Aurelle- even when Aurelle is hitting Minnette in the face with legos, she never gets upset. They are constantly giving each other hugs and kisses, usually without Kyle or I ever saying anything. They love each other!


It was love at first sight... well, actually, Minnette didn't really notice that there was even a baby around for a while... but she already loved her and knew they were always going to be best friends!
They are matching band-aid buddies:
Minnette has always loved giving Aurelle hugs:

Did I mention that Aurelle is also so very patient with Minnette and all of her big-sister-ness? She almost never gets upset, even when Minnette is trying to sit on her head!
They are always so willing to share with each other... even MOMMY!
They both have the cutest chubby cheeks:
They enjoy sharing meals together (though at this time, they definitely weren't eating the same things... considering Aurelle's face is covered in prunes!):
They are always playing together! Minnette is so kind and soft (usually) when she is playing with Aurelle, and Aurelle thinks pretty much anything Minnette does is absolutely hilarious:
They even share in mischief together (playing in Mommy's jewelry):

Giving loves!

They love to just hang out together. 90% of the time, they just want to be doing the same thing as the other one is doing, which goes both ways!):

They act silly together. Every night before bedtime, Kyle and I have started calling "The Minnette and Aurelle Show" because we get at least 15 minutes of the two of them playing and running around our living room together, which usually involves some sort of "nastics" (Minnette's word for doing gymnastics... like Aunt Raquel) dancing, singing, spinning or playing their own versions of tag. Here Kyle thought it was funny to pull their pants up high like little old ladies... and they both thought it was pretty hilarious!They read together:
They love to hold hands. This is also a new common practice for Minnette while walking... whether it is at the library, out to the car or just to their room for bedtime, Minnette always wants to be holding Aurelle's hand!
They are always finding ways to play together, even (especially) during naptime:
They even occasionally coordinate their outfits and pose the same for pictures :
I am so glad that these two have eachother...

... and I am so excited to be adding a third little amigo to the Willman girl clan! Minnette and Aurelle are both so excited to finally meet baby Jovi in a couple of months!

3 comments:

A said...

It is a little shocking that someone would plan to have two kids so close together in age. Now a days, parents usually wait a few years in between. Though, if I had been able to give Annabelle a sibling by now, I so would have.
Once you think about it, it's almost smarter to have kids close together due to all the pros. They're close in age, so therefore they're better friends and play with the same toys (as you said..).
Also, they're in diapers together and then learning to potty train around the same time. Or you'll start potty training Minnette and Aurelle will see it, so she'll want to potty train to be like her big sister! I'd rather not have one child, potty train them, and then have another just to go through the whole waking in the middle of the night and diapers all over again, just as I got used to not doing them and then being used to not getting up at night just to do it all again. No matter what, I'd still do it for my child, it just seems much easier to do it bam, bam, bam, than do 1 and then 5 years later do another and 5 years after that, another.
The biggest downfall that I really see is that having kids so close together in age, puts a bit of a toll on your body. Other than that, no big deal.
But, really, I'm just jealous because I want another one. Maybe you could loan me one of yours? :-)

Gina said...

Jovi will be another "amiga" not "amigo" ;)

But seriously, does it freak you out how much Minette looks like you?!?!?!?! Do you ever look at pictures and think, "Whoa... where did this baby picture of me come from??!"

Because I sometimes think that when I look at your blog. Just in case you were wondering.

And I'm only kind of kidding.

PS- The word on your word verifier today is "Squib" FTW!

Oh. Boo. It wasn't "squib" I must have misread it with my nerdy wishful thinking. I mistyped it, whatever it was... this is now the longest, most pointless comment ever.

gerielou said...

Love the little girls, they are so sweet. It's great that they are such friends.
Gina - you are funny