Friday, October 23, 2009

Jinxed

38 1/2 weeks and counting!

Still pregnant... and puffy as ever!
I think that my doctor may have jinxed me by putting me on restricted activity back at 34 weeks. I was having a lot of contractions and had already started to dilate and she was concerned that I would not make it past 35 weeks... well, obviously, I did. Then by 36 weeks she was certain that I wouldn't even make it to my next appointment... well, we cleared that and have since passed the 38 week mark over 4 days ago, although already dilated to 5 cm!! My doctor just started laughing when she checked me, and was originally going to schedule me for an induction on Monday (39 weeks) but then thought that I wouldn't make it anyway and would probably go into labor any minute (and told me to keep the option of an ambulance in mind for when I did go into labor, because I probably wouldn't have much time...) and well... here I am! Almost 39 weeks and STILL PREGNANT! I don't want to sound like I am complaining or anything... I love being pregnant. Really. Crazy, I know, but I do. I just find it funny that I was SO SURE that I would never make it this far, and I am sure that my doctor is going to freak out when she sees me back in her office next week! (and I refuse to say otherwise, or I will inevitably end up going 2 weeks overdue! I probably just jinxed myself again...)
And my most recent of symptoms... swollen gramma feet! Cankles and all!
I just knew you wanted to see them!
How many more weeks of this?? Bring it on!!

6 comments:

The Tieman Family said...

Aaaaa! That's like the worst foot picture ever!

shirley elizabeth said...

Joe's wife Mary Ann love loves being pregnant too. You can be my children's surrogate mother.

I hope those cankles aren't permanent....

Gina said...

No offense, but those are the worst feet ever! At least your face isn't puffy, you got lucky there! I really hope you have her soon, for your sake. I know pregnancy is awesome, but I am quite sure being two weeks overdue would make anybody cranky!

Anonymous said...

Well we are here and so we told her she can have the baby now. And what do you know . . . well . . . Ha!
Love Mom and Dad

JMG said...

I know the feeling---I was put on bedrest at 28 weeks-----got off at 36 weeks. . .and walked around til 38 weeks 6 days--the doctor joked when she put me on bedrest that she had had patients that had to be induced after extended bedrests---luckily I went into spontaneous labor 36 hours before my scheduled induction!--Good Luck--Julie Gough

Tracy Price said...

Looks like your post worked! So glad that the new little princess has arrived safely. You two have the cutest girls! Congratulations!