Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bargain Shopping

When we found out that we were having a girl while I was pregnant with Minnette, we got an entire girl's wardrobe from a woman my dad worked with, who had a 5 year old daughter and had saved EVERYTHING from newborn to 5T sizes. Her daughter was born the same time of year as Minnette, so it was the perfect deal.... Until Minnette turned out to be ginormous! (Ginourm in the cutest way possible :))
Around 9 1/2 to 10 months Minnette was already outgrowing her 12 month clothes and we had to start moving her up to the next size early. As I pull out the boxes we have for her 18 month sized clothes, all I could find were turtleneck longsleeve onesies and hooded sweatsuits! IN JULY??? Yikes! This wardrobe would have been perfect if Minnette, like the girl we got the clothes from, had stayed in her 12 month wardrobe until October, and moved to the next size in November. So, needless to say, we had to do some clothes shopping! And I am so proud of myself for spending less than $45 on 12 outfits and a pair of shoes!
Pink and Green striped Tee: $2.50 (Target)
Pink Shorts: $1.00 (Target)
Yellow Peasant Top: $2.99 (Other Mothers-the most expensive item I bought!)
Pink Skort: $1.50 (Other Mothers)
Purple/Green Plaid Top: $2.00 (Other Mothers)
Khaki Shorts: $0.99 (Other Mothers)
I can't understand why some people find it necessary to spend $50 on a pair of pants for a baby! I wouldn't even spend that much money on a pair of jeans for ME... let alone an item of clothing that will be worn for a max of 3-6 months and will probably get ruined in the mean time! My mother in law works at Carter's and says that it's really common to see the same Mother come in every couple of months and drop like $300-$500 each time on baby clothes! Sorry, we have better things to spend our money on... like BILLS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You precious Minnette poses like a professional model. Do we have to install a runway. Mom and Dad

Gina said...

I would totally rather spend my extra money on a trip to Disneyland or Seaworld or something than on kids clothes! Bills, shmills.